Screw Side Action Grips
Screw action grips provide a very simple and efficient method for holding test specimens in a wide range of applications. The dual-acting design means that jaw faces can be adjusted to accommodate different specimen thicknesses, this ensures that the line of tensile force remains concentric with the grip body.They can be equipped with a selection of interchangeable grip jaw faces in various sizes and choice of surfaces including smooth ground,rubber-coated and serrated.
Two models of screw grip are available:
- 2710-100 Series grips feature a slide-on jaw face attachment which makes changing faces extremely quick and simple, an optional specimen centering device as well as offering wide opening for thick specimens.
- 2710-200 Series grips are designed for basic tensile test requirements where a simple, cost-effective solution is desired.
Principle Of Operation2710-100 Series screw side-action grips are designed for static tensile testing
and include a number of features to optimize functionality and ease-of-use.
The dual-acting screw design accommodates specimens up to 46 mm (1.8 in)
thick and can be offset for irregular or assymetrical specimens such as
Screw knobs on either side are knurled to facilitate hand tightening and the higher
capacities also feature hex socket screw knobs that accommodate a hex key or
Jaw faces can be changed single-handedly in seconds without the use of tools or
pins. The grips can be left on the system and there are no loose items to misplace.
Engraved scales on the carriages aid in centering the planes of gripping.
Further improvements in specimen alignment can be gained by using the optional
specimen centering device.
- Static tensile tests on a wide range of materials and specimen types including plastics, metals, textiles, paper, thin sheet, foil, wire.
- Type of Loading: Tensile, static and tension-tension cyclic tests. Not suitable for high cycle dynamic fatigue tests.
- Specimen shapes: Round (wires) and flat specimens with or without shoulder tab ends.